Product Sales Report Pro
Table of contents
- Plugin Requirements
- Major Features
- Product Sales Reports Pro Setup
- Working with Presents
- Uninstalling Product Sales Report Pro for WooCommerce
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Information and Support
- Need Help With Customization or Want to Buy Similar Products?
1. PLUGIN REQUIREMENTS
✓ Self-Hosted WordPress Installation
✓ WooCommerce 3.4.2 or newer
✓ PHP ZIP extension installed for XLSX export functionality
✓ PHP version 7 or greater
✓ memory_limit 128M
✓ post_max_size 64M
✓ max_execution_time 180
✓ upload_max_filesize 64M
✓ max_input_time 180
✓ max_input_vars 5000
✓ MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
✓ HTTPS support
✓ Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module
The Product Sales Report Pro plugin generates reports on the quantity and gross sales of individual WooCommerce products sold over a specified date range. Reports can be downloaded in CSV (Comma-Separated Values), XLSX, or XLS format for further analysis in your spreadsheet software, or for import into other software that supports data files in those formats.
The Product Sales Report Pro plugin helps WooCommerce managers gain deep insights into the performance of their WooCommerce stores. With Product Sales Report Pro, webmasters can quickly and easily generate reports on the quantity and amount of sales of individual WooCommerce products sold over a specified date range.
The exported data will offer an overview of the sales performance of individual WooCommerce products, helping brands refine their online sales strategies. Product Sales Report Pro can export data into a range of formats (XLSX, XLS, HTML, or CSV) for further analysis of compatible software.
4. Major features
- Use a date range preset, or specify the custom start and end dates.
- Report on all products in your store, or limit the report to only include products within certain categories or only specific product IDs.
- Report on all products in your store, or limit the report to only include products within certain categories or only specific product IDs.
- Customize the report sorting order (sort by Product ID, Quantity Sold, or Gross Sales).
- Integrates with the Scheduled Email Reports for WooCommerce plugin to automatically send reports as email attachments on a recurring basis.
- Compatible with the Frontend Reports for WooCommerce plugin to enable access to preset reports from the frontend via a shortcode or widget.
- Report on product variations individually.
- Optionally include products with no sales.
- Report on shipping methods used (Product ID, Product Name, Quantity Sold, and Gross Sales fields only).
- Limit the report to orders with a matching custom meta field (e.g. delivery date).
- Change the names of fields in the report.
- Change the order of the fields/columns in the report.
- Include custom fields defined by WooCommerce or another plugin on a product or product variation.
- Save multiple reports presets to save time when generating different reports.
- Export in Excel (XLSX or XLS) format.
- Send the report as an email attachment.
Product Sales Report Pro plugin sports a simple interface that integrates seamlessly with the WordPress aesthetic. After installing and activating the plugin, Product Sales Report Pro creates its own menu item in the WordPress dashboard.
Powerful and robust, Product Sales Report Pro is both quick and easy to use. The plugin is comprised of a series of tabs for the settings pages, allowing for different types of filtering, giving the user the ability to set various reporting parameters for the generated report.
Download the plugin from Divi Space or Aspen Grove Studios to your computer. Go to Plugins in the WordPress dashboard, and select Add New.
Select Upload Plugin at the top left of the screen. Select Choose File and navigate to the downloaded file and select it. Click Install Now.
Select Activate Plugin.
Select “WooCommerce” > “Product Sales Report” from the left sidebar menu in Admin Dashboard.
Enter your license key. The license key can be found in the email sent to you after successfully purchasing our product or displayed after the checkout process.
Click “ Activate License”.
The plugin is now installed and ready for use. Please note that one of the most important requirements of Product Sales Report Pro for WooCommerce is installing and activating the WooCommerce plugin.
6. Product Sales Reports Pro Setup
In the plugin dashboard, a set of report settings and options as desired by navigating between the tabs. After adjusting the proper data the report can be downloaded or send to the provided e-mail address.
In the first tab of the plugin dashboard, there is a set of options related to adjusting types of generated data in the report according to selected filters.
◦ Order Period: The lapse to report on. Below the set of available options to choose:
The “Last 7 days” and “Last 30 days” options will report on sales made in the 7-day or 30-day period ending yesterday (today's sales are not included).
The “ Custom Date Range” option allows you to specify your start and end dates and times for the report. Times must be entered in the format HH:MM:SS (with optional AM/PM), and the end time is exclusive (i.e. only orders placed before the specified end time are included). Do not specify the midnight hour as “00”; it should be specified as 12 AM. The “Custom Date Range” option includes a “dynamic date” feature that allows you to specify an expression such as “last Monday”, “-14 days”, or “yesterday”, which will be used to automatically calculate the report date relative to the date on which the report is run. To use this feature, click the “dynamic date” link and enter your expression in the text field that appears below the date field. If your expression is valid, the date field should automatically update to show the calculated date relative to the current date (based on the time zone set in WordPress). To disable the dynamic date feature for a date, click the “fixed date” link. For more information on expressions that you can use with this feature, see
here in the PHP manual.
◦ Include Orders With Status: Select which status(es) an order must have to be counted in the report.
By default, only orders with “Processing”, “On Hold”, or “Completed” status are included. This excludes orders that are “Pending Payment”, “Cancelled”, “Refunded” or “Failed”.
◦ Only Orders With Field: If you enable this option and specify an order meta field and condition, only orders matching the specified condition will be counted in the report. For example, if you use a plugin that records delivery dates associated with orders, you can report on orders having a certain delivery date by choosing the delivery date field, selecting “equal to” as the condition, and entering the date in “YYYY-MM-DD” format (assuming that is the format that the plugin uses to store the date). You can use the “does not exist” option to report only on orders that do not have the selected meta field.
◦ Include Orders by Customer Role: Filter orders by the role assigned to the user that the customer is logged in as when placing the order, choose to display only orders placed by guests (customers who are not logged in at the time of placing the order) etc. Below the full list of available options to choose from.
◦ Only Orders from Customers with Field: Filter orders from specific types of customer's fields like nickname, last or first name. The full list presented below:
▪ To include all products in your store, select “ All products”.
▪ To only include products in one or more categories, select “ Products in categories” and check off the categories to include.
▪ To only include one or more individual product(s), select “ Product ID(s)” and enter the ID number(s) of the product(s), separated with commas. To determine the ID of a product, click “Products” in the left sidebar menu and hover over the product's title; the ID will be displayed below the title.
◦ Only Products Tagged: If you enable this option and specify one or more product tag names (separated by commas), only products with at least one of the specified tags will be included in the report. You can add tags to the field directly or by using the drop-down below the field.
◦ Only Products With Field: If you enable this option and specify a product meta field and condition, only products matching the specified condition will be counted in the report. For variable products, only the parent product is filtered (not individual variations).
◦ Product Variations: Select “Group product variations together” to treat all variations of a product as the same product, or “Report on each variation separately” to treat each variation as a separate product.
◦ Include products with no sales matching the filtering criteria: Check this option if you want the report to list all products matching the product filtering criteria, including those with no sales matching the order filtering criteria during the reporting period. If product variations are reported on separately, all product variations with no sales matching the order filtering criteria will be listed as well.
◦ Include unpublished products: Check this option to include products with any post status, instead of only the statuses included by default for the current user.
◦ Exclude free products: Check this option if you want to exclude order line items with a total amount of zero (after discounts).
◦ Include shipping: Check this option if you would like to include shipping methods as products. For each shipping method used on at least one order that matches the specified date range and other filters, the report will include a row with the shipping method ID as the Product ID, the shipping method title as the Product Name, the number of times that the shipping method was used as the Quantity Sold, and the total shipping cost as the Gross Sales. Other fields will not be included.
◦ Include line-item refunds: If checked, sales amounts and quantities will include deductions for refunds entered during the report date range (regardless of the original order date). If unchecked, line-item refunds will not be reflected in the report (except in specifically refund-related fields such as “Quantity Refunded”).
Grouping & Sorting
◦ Group By: Choose an order field or order line item field by which to further subdivide the report in addition to Products and Product Variations (if applicable). For example, choose the “_billing_email” order field to include a separate row in the report for each combination of Product/Variation and billing email. Do not choose a field that is already included in the report. The field you select will also appear in the report. You can change its name and position in the Report Fields tab.
◦ Sort By: Choose the order in which results are displayed in the report.
▪ To add a field to the report, select the field in the Add Field dropdown and click the Add button.
▪ Uncheck the box next to a field name to remove that field from the report. The field will be removed when you save the preset, or (if not editing a preset) when you run the report and reload the report settings page.
▪ Edit a field name to change how it is displayed in the report header, if applicable.
Display & Format
◦ Show only the first ___ products: If you only want the first n results, select this option to help speed up the report generation.
◦ Include title: Check this option to include a title as the first row of your report. The title can include a few dynamic fields:
▪ [preset]: The name of the report preset
▪ [start]: The start date of the order period ▪ [end]: The end date of the order period
▪ [created]: The creation date of the report (i.e. the date on which the report was run)
The date-based fields can optionally be followed by a parameter that specifies the date format; for example: [start Y-m-d]. This can also be used to display the time; for example [start Y-m-d H:i:s] or just [start H:i:s]. For more information on the date format specifier, see the “Parameters > format” section of this page in the PHP manual.
◦ Include header row: Uncheck this option if you do not want the field names included as the first row of the report.
◦ Include totals row: Check this option to include a row with totals of certain numeric fields at the end of the report.
◦ Display amounts with two decimal places: If checked, certain fields containing currency amounts will be rounded to two decimal places.
◦ Format: Select the file format of the downloaded or emailed report.
◦ Filename: Enter the name of the report file, without an extension. The filename can include a few dynamic fields. See the documentation for the “Include title” option (above) for more details.
◦ Time Limit: Modify the PHP execution time limit in effect when the report body is generated. Try increasing this value if you are getting PHP timeout errors. This setting may not have any effect on some servers.
◦ Disable WordPress object caching: Try enabling this option if you are encountering memory limit errors.
◦ Enable debug mode: Enable this option to display certain debugging information, such as the main SQL queries used to retrieve sales data.
◦ Report CSS: This field allows you to add to and modify the CSS styles applied to the “HTML” and “HTML (enhanced)” report formats. For security reasons, only users with the “edit_theme_options” capability are allowed to change this setting.
Click the Download Report button to generate and download the report, or enter an email address and click the Email Report button to send it as an email attachment.
7. Working with Presents
Once you have set up a Product Sales Report, you can save your report settings as a preset: simply enter a name for the preset in the field above the report settings tabs and click the “ Create New Preset” button. The preset will then appear in the Presets tab.
The Presets tab lists the presets which you have saved. You can generate a report based on a preset by clicking the “download” icon to the right of the preset.
You can delete a report preset by clicking the corresponding “trash” icon in the list on the Presets tab.
Clicking the “pencil” icon for a preset will load that preset's settings; you can modify the settings as desired, generate reports with the modified settings, and save the modified settings to the original preset (via the “Save Changes” button above the report tabs) or to a new preset (via the “Create New Preset” button; you'll probably want to edit the name as well). To rename a preset, edit the preset name in the field above the report settings tabs and click “Save Changes”.
8. Uninstalling Product Sales Report Pro for WooCommerce
To uninstall Product Sales Report Pro it is crucial to follow these steps.
- Deactivate the Product Sales Report Pro plugin in the plugins list.
- Delete the Product Sales Report Pro plugin in the plugins list.
9. Frequently Asked Questions
Does that plugin support ACF fields?
All the custom fields created by you or other plugins should be available on the plugin as long as they are not CTP (custom post types).
Is it possible to get customer data (names, emails, billing, shipping, custom cart data) with reports?
If you want to export customer's data additionally, we would suggest using Export Order Items Pro instead.
Export Order Items Pro and Product Sales Report Pro are primarily designed for different purposes, while there is some overlap in functionality. Product Sales Report Pro deals mostly with reports on product sales totals while Export Order Items Pro deals with inline order items. So, one will export totals while the other will export inline. With this in mind. Export Order Items allow you to include a totals row at the end of the report (so you could run multiple reports, each filtered by a different product) but it doesn't allow for a total up groupings of sales within a single report like Product Sales Report Pro does, at the same time, you could export inline items of your orders with Export Order Items Pro while you just can't do that on Product Sales Report Pro.
Is there a way to export all PDF-Invoices collected (monthly or yearly) in one list?
Unfortunately no. Our plugin export numbers and text included in most fields available in your WooComerce database. It is not designed to export individual PDFs but rather a complete report on the report fields you want to customize. It can also group by a specific field and report on variations.
Is it possible to export only orders with a specific payment method within a date range?
Yes, it should be possible to reach by using conditions.
It is possible to export by this plugin a one CSV of monthly sales data for simple and variation products.?
You can do an export of single products and products with variations with our Product Sales Report Pro plugin.
There is an option in our plugin that allows you to either group product variations together as a single field or report each variation on a separate field, if you enable that checkbox you will be able to select each variation field separately on the Report Fields tab and make your export.
Does your product support WordPress multisite?
Our plugin does not support multisite though.
Is it possible to filter the sales (number, price...)by the client or better by a group of clients?
Yes, it's possible, by using the "group by" option and selecting the billing_first_name or _last_name field.
When running reports, it only shows X products when we have Y. Do I have to adjust server settings or plugin settings to export more products?
Product Sales Reports uses your actual WooComerce database to show information. If some product is not displayed properly it's because either the custom field is not tagging that product or because it is getting left behind because of the order status.
Be sure to include all order status when doing an export.
How can I move plugin from one website to another one?
Try to update the domain address assigned to your license in My Account and then you should be able to activate the product on your new website.
✓ Self-Hosted WordPress Installation and WooCommerce.
✓ WordPress Single Site
☓ WordPress Multisite
12. Need Help With Customization or Want to Buy Similar Products?
If you feel you need to give your website a completely professional finish, or you simply don’t have time to do it yourself, contact us at aspengrovestudios.com or send us an email to email@example.com, to get our current rates. If you like our products and would like to purchase similar plugins, please visit aspengrovestudios.com/shop