Table of contents
- Plugin Requirements
- Before Installing Divi Ghoster
- Installing Divi Ghoster
- Divi Ghoster Setup
- Branding Name
- Theme Name
- Author Name
- Branding Image
- Custom Theme Image
- Theme URL Slug
- Enable Login Page Customizer
- Login Url slug
- Hide WordPress Tabs
- WordPress Customizations
- Custom Dashboard Layout
1. Plugin requirements✓ Self-Hosted WordPress Installation ✓ Divi Theme or Extra Theme by Elegant Themes ✓ PHP version 7.2 or greater ✓ memory_limit 128M ✓ post_max_size 64M ✓ max_execution_time 180 ✓ upload_max_filesize 64M ✓ max_input_time 180 ✓ max_input_vars 5000 ✓ MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater. ✓ HTTPS support ✓ Nginx or Apache with mod_rewrite module
Compatible with✓ Self-Hosted WordPress Installation ✓ WordPress Single Site
Not Compatible with☓ WordPress Multisite
2. DescriptionDivi Ghoster is a white-labeling plugin for Divi. It makes the Divi theme not recognizable on the backend, in most of the source code, and by most theme detectors. Divi Ghoster allows you to add your own branding to the Divi tab in the dashboard, the page builder, page settings, and theme options. You can change the theme name in Appearance > Themes, and hide Divi Ghoster and other Divi plugins from appearing in the plugins list. Divi Ghoster also includes a login page customizer, allowing you to customize the wp-admin page with your background, logo, colors, etc.
3. Before Installing Divi Ghoster
- Backup your website as you should before installing any plugin
- The Divi Theme (or Divi child theme) must be active
- Change your permalinks to something other than “Plain”
4. Installing Divi GhosterDownload the plugin from Divi Space or Aspen Grove Studios to your computer. To upload the file to your Divi website, go to Plugins in the WordPress dashboard, and select Add New. Select Upload Plugin at the top left of the screen. Select Choose File and navigate to the downloaded file and select it. Click Install Now. Activate Plugin, enter the license key if needed. Divi Ghoster is now ready to use.
5. Divi Ghoster SetupTo setup Divi Ghoster, select Divi Ghoster in the WordPress dashboard menu. This opens the Divi Ghoster menu where you can make all of your selections. Go through the tabs, enter your information into the fields, and select Save Changes when you’re finished. You’ll need to refresh the page to see the changes. The fields include an example under the title. The links in the upper right corner allow you to import and export your settings and view the documentation. Click the question marks next to each setting to get a description of what the setting does.Navigate to Settings >> Permalinks and make sure your permalinks are set to something other than “Plain” Branding
Branding NameThis is the name of your brand. It can be a company name, product name, etc. This will replace the name “Divi” in the dashboard, page builder, etc. Here’s the Divi Builder with a new branding name. The name has changed in the dashboard menu and the Divi Ghoster title. The name has also changed on the Divi Builder in both the classic and Gutenberg editors.
Theme NameThis replaces the theme name that’s displayed in the Appearance > Themes directory. Here’s the theme showing the new name.
Author NameThis replaces the theme author name so you can use your company’s name, your name, or any other name you want. This is the name that displays in the theme details when you click on the theme in the theme directory.
Branding ImageThis is the icon that appears on the dashboard, page builder, etc. It should be no smaller than 50px x 50px. Larger files will reduce in size, so it can be larger, but we don’t recommend using a large file. Add the URL into the field or upload the image you want to use. The image displays next to this field. The default image is a gear. This example uses a logo icon, which also displays in the dashboard menu.
Custom Theme ImageThis is the image that displays in the Appearance > Themes directory. A preview is provided next to the field. Enter the URL or upload the image. You can also remove the image. Images should be 1200px x 900px and can be JPG or PNG. The theme now displays the image that was selected. Make sure you clear cache after saving changes.
Theme URL SlugThis lets you specify the theme slug (the default URL that appears in the theme options. For example, using the slug ghost_divi will display the URL http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=et_ghost_divi Enable Login Page Customizer
Login Url slugThis lets you change the login URL slug, giving you complete control over the login URL. For example. The default login URL is https://your-site.com/wp-login.php. By changing the slug to mylogin, the URL becomes https://your-site.com/mylogin.
rewrite ^([^.]*[^/])$ $1/ permanent;
Ultimate GhosterUltimate Ghoster hides everything related to Divi, including Divi Ghoster. The only way to access the settings of Divi plugins is through direct links. The instructions and links are provided at the bottom of the settings in the Ultimate Divi Ghoster tab. Be sure to copy these links and paste them somewhere for easy access.
Ultimate Divi Ghoster
- The Divi Ghoster link in the dashboard will disappear.
- Divi-related plugins, including Divi Ghoster, will not be visible in the plugins dashboard.
- The Divi theme will be hidden from the source code and theme detector websites and replaced with your selected branding name.
- The Role Editor will disappear.
- Hide Divi Pages
CustomizationCustomization lets you hide certain tabs and features.
Hide WordPress TabsHide several links from the WordPress dashboard including Appearance, Settings, Tools, Projects, Plugins, and Updates so users will not have access to them. A list at the bottom of the Customization screen provides links to access those pages. Be sure to copy the links so you’ll have easy access to them.
WordPress CustomizationsHide the WordPress icon, footer, and default widgets from the dashboard in order to hide that you’re using WordPress.
Hide WordPress IconNormally, WordPress has an icon that displays in the upper left corner. Hiding the icon removes it and pushes the site title to the left to take its place.
Hide WordPress FooterWordPress normally places a message in the footer with a link to the WordPress home page. This option disables that footer message.
Hide WordPress Default WidgetsNormally, WordPress has a dashboard home screen with lots of widgets that welcome you to WordPress, provide links for steps and actions you can take, create a quick draft, see activity, and more. You can move things around and create your own layout. This option hides those dashboard widgets and any references to WordPress.
Custom Dashboard LayoutCreate a custom dashboard page with or without the Divi Builder. This can work in combination with the previous settings. As soon as you create the page, head to the Page Attributes console and under the Templates drop-down menu, select the Blank template. It will make the site header and footer not being displayed on the page. Add any tools or information you want and publish the page privately. The page can include any content you want. This example shows a Divi layout with two sidebars in order to display footer widgets in the dashboard home page. Choose the page from this dropdown box to replace the current WordPress welcome widget. Here’s the example dashboard home page with footer widgets. If for some reason your layout is not displaying, click on the Screen Options tab at the top and make sure Welcome is selected.
Custom Builder ColorsThis allows you to customize the colors for the backend Divi Builder and the frontend Visual Builder.
Enable Custom ColorsEnable this feature to make the color changes take effect.
Color AdjustmentsAdjust colors for the primary, secondary, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th accent colors, and the text color. Choose the accent color you want to adjust by clicking the color to use the color picker or enter the hex code into the field. Click Default to return to the original color. Each of the color labels includes a description to show what the color is for. This can be used as a guide to target specific colors. For example, if you want to adjust the icons, marks, and buttons of rows, you’d select the 3rd accent color. Here’s an example of how the Divi Theme Options could look with custom colors.
Import/ExportImport or export your Divi Ghoster settings from this tab. Select the Import/Export link in the upper right of this window also takes you to this tab.
ImportTo import, click Choose File and navigate to your Divi Ghoster settings file. Click Import Settings and wait for the import to complete. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the settings page.
ExportTo export your Divi Ghoster settings, simply click the Export button. This file can be imported into any installation of Divi Ghoster. It can be used to create a backup of your settings or use the same settings on another website.
6. Uninstalling Divi GhosterTo uninstall Divi Ghoster, it is crucial to follow these steps.
- Turn off Ultimate Divi Ghoster
- Save changes
- Deactivate the Divi Ghoster plugin in the plugins list
- Delete the Divi Ghoster plugin in the plugins list
7. Frequently Asked Questions
I enabled ‘Ultimate Ghoster’ and can’t access the plugin dashboard
Simply follow this URL structure (replace with your domain) to access the dashboard http://yourwebsiteurl.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=divi_ghoster
I enabled ‘Ultimate Ghoster’ and can’t access the Divi Role Editor
Simply follow this URL structure (replace with your domain) to access the dashboard http://yourwebsiteurl.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=et_divi_role_editor
Are there any bugs with this plugin?
We have tested this plugin and have found no known bugs or conflicts, but there is always the chance of unforeseen situations and potential bugs, which are more often than not reported by our users. If your website does happen to crash after installing this plugin, please follow WordPress’s procedure on manually deleting a plugin here
codex.wordpress.org/Managing_-Plugins. For additional support visit aspengrovestudios.com/support/
How do I update this plugin to newer versions?
When a version update is available, a notice will appear in your WordPress dashboard. Simply follow the steps to update like you would any other plugin in the repository.
Will this plugin slow down my site?
This plugin is well developed and extremely lightweight. As with any plugin, this one has the potential to slow down your site, but we estimate the impact to be almost immeasurable.
What happens if I deactivate or uninstall this plugin?
Should you ever need to uninstall or deactivate this plugin, all default ‘Divi’ branding will return. As mentioned previously, please be sure to disable “Ultimate Ghoster” BEFORE deactivating and uninstalling Divi Ghoster.